Myanmar - Travel and Touring Guides.
These tourist guides cover several popular locations to visit in Myanmar such as Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake (near Nyaung Shwe and Heho). The country is inceasingly easy to visit and one of the first things you will notice when you arrive there is just how friendly everybody seems to be. There are still some parts of Myanmar which are pretty much off limits to overseas tourists however the above mentioned locations have a great deal to offer visitors. For a start if you happen to like
looking at pagodas and temples it would be hard to imagine anywhere else in the world where you will find such concentrations of them as in Myanmar - especially around Bagan. Perhaps one of the main problems about visiting Myanmar is that having finished your tour you pretty much immediately think about going back again.
The following are our topics about touring and sightseeing in Myanmar.
Bagan, Old Bagan and Nyaung U.
- Bagan Archaeological Zone travel and touring in Myanmar
- Visiting Bagan in the central part of Myanmar (Burma) - Travel and Touring Guides, Photos, getting to Bagan, where to stay.
- Sightseeing Old Bagan and Nyaung U Pagodas and Temples - Photos
- Going to The Somingyi Monastery, Abeyadana Temple, Shwesandaw Pagoda, Mingalazedi Pagoda and other temples in Bagan.
- Visiting Temples and Pagodas in and around Bagan in Myanmar
- Looking at Ananda Temple, Mahabodhi Temple, Gawdawpalin Temple, Upali Thein, Shwezigon Pagoda at Bagan and Nyaung U.
Inle Lake and Nyaung Shwe - including a couple of nice bike rides.
- Inle Lake and Nyaung Shwe travel and visitor guide - Myanmar
- Nyaung Shwe and Inle Lake in Myanmar touring guide - travelling there (Heho), things to do, bike rides, Inle Lake boat trips.
- Cycle ride to Shwe Yan Pyay Monastery near Nyaung Shwe
- Visiting the wooden Shwe Yan Pyay Monastery, Myanmar - cycling from Nyaung Shwe via beautiful Burmese countryside.
- Nyaung Shwe, Maing Yhauk, Inle Lake, Kaung Daing circular bike ride
- Bike Ride from Nyaung Shwe Myanmar going via Maing Yhauk, Inle Lake, Kaung Daing seeing stilt houses and floating gardens.
- Local bike ride around the Nyaung Shwe countryside in Myanmar
- Cycling from Nyaung Shwe looking at a couple of Pagodas and Monasteries, villages and out in the lovely Burmese countryside.
- Inle Lake in Myanmar on a longtail boat trip
- Inle Lake long-tail boat ride looking at Pagodas (Phaung Daw Oo Paya, Nga Hpe Kyaung), Stilt-houses, floating farms.
Kyaiktiyo Pagoda (The Golden Rock).
Mandalay and area i.e. Amarapura, Sagaing and Inwa.
- Mandalay Travel and Touring Guide and Photos
- Mandalay Myanmar - ways to travel to the old City i.e. flights or by road, things to do and see in Mandalay, Irrawaddy River.
- Climbing Mandalay Hill in Myanmar visiting Su Taung Pyi Pagoda
- Walking up Mandalay Hill via the covered walkway looking at Su Taung Pyi Pagoda, Buddha images, shrines and stupas.
- Visiting Kuthodaw Pagoda, Kyauktawgyi Pagoda and Sandamuni Pagoda in Mandalay
- Looking at Buddhist Temples and Stupas in Mandalay, Myanmar - Kyauktawgyi Pagoda, Sandamuni Pagoda and Kuthodaw Pagoda.
- Visiting the old Shwekyimyint Pagoda in Mandalay, Myanmar
- Going to Shwekyimyint Pagoda - Shwe Kyi Myint Pagoda is the oldest Pagoda in Mandalay, also has a large reclining Buddha.
- Visiting Shwenandaw Kyaung Monastery and Atumashi Kyaungat, Mandalay
- Visiting The beautiful Shwenandaw Kyaung (Teak Monastery) in Mandalay and the adjacent Atumashi Kyaung Monastery - Myanmar.
- Visiting The Royal Palace and Moat at Mandalay - Myanmar
- Looking round the Royal Palace in Mandalay: the Palace is within a moat surrounded Citadel in the heart of the city.
- Inwa touring the old Monasteries, Temples and Pagodas
- Le Htat Gyi Paya, Yadana Hsemee Pagoda, Bagaya Kyaung white Stupas, Maha Aung Myi Bonzan Monastery, Htilhingshin Paya.
- Visiting some Pagodas at Sagaing in Myanmar
- Wandering around Sagaing (Mandalay) - visiting The Kaunghmudaw Pagoda, The Soon U Ponya Shin Pagoda in The Sagaing Hills.
- Sightseeing the Old Royal City of Amarapura near Mandalay
- Daytrip to Amarapura (Mandalay), looking at the Mahagandhayon Monastery, walking over Taung Tha Man Lake on U Beins Bridge.
- Yangon Myanmar Travel and Touring Guides
- Visiting Yangon - Yangon airport, taxis, climate, getting around in the City, taxis and buses, hotels, eating out, where to stay.
- Visiting the Shwedagon Pagoda and Stupa in Yangon Myanmar
- Going to the golden Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, Sein Ma Pu Pray Hall, Shwedagon, Htidaw Photos, Chanthagyi Buddha, Chinthes.
- Looking round Sule Pagoda in Downtown Yangon
- Sule Pagoda in Myanmar - sightseeing round the old golden Buddhist Sule Pagoda and Chedi in Central Yangon - photos.
- Visiting the Botataung Pagoda near Downtown Yangon in Myanmar
- Looking round the hollow Botataung Pagoda - a beautiful and important Buddhist Temple in Yangon
- Sightseeing and Photos from around Yangon in Myanmar
- Central Yangon sightseeing guide and photos, looking at old colonial buildings, Yangon River, Mosques, Temples and Gardens.
Below are our items on Countries which are fairly easily reached from Myanmar if on an extended Far East Tour. Note that international destinations in and out of Yangon (and Mandalay) are improving and being added too all the time so it's always worth checking. A good up to the minute way of finding out who flys where (both for internal and external flights) is to google search for instance "Yangon live flight arrivals" and you can see everything around. (flightstats.com are pretty good)
More destinations for which we have travel and holiday guides are for India, New Zealand, Egypt, Cyprus, lots of Greek Islands, The Algarve and several Canary Islands
Also many Topics about England - Wild Flowers, National Trail Walks, Churches plus quite a few canals including The Kennet and Avon Canal, The Oxford Canal, The Grand Union Canal, The Regents Canal - also two rivers and about walking The Thames Path.
Please visit our Resources Page