Shwekyimyint Pagoda - the oldest Pagoda in Mandalay.
Also near to this stupa there is a sacred pole around the bottom part of which are carvings of couple of excellent green serpents and of two Buddha images.
There are many other
Buddha images which have been collected over the years and some of which were originally located at the Royal Pace - these are apparently available for public view on special occasions.
Our other items about Mandalay and surrounding area.
- Mandalay Travel and Touring Guide and Photos
- Mandalay Myanmar - ways to travel to the old City i.e. flights or by road, things to do and see in Mandalay, Irrawaddy River.
- Climbing Mandalay Hill in Myanmar visiting Su Taung Pyi Pagoda
- Walking up Mandalay Hill via the covered walkway looking at Su Taung Pyi Pagoda, Buddha images, shrines and stupas.
- Visiting Kuthodaw Pagoda, Kyauktawgyi Pagoda and Sandamuni Pagoda in Mandalay
- Looking at Buddhist Temples and Stupas in Mandalay, Myanmar - Kyauktawgyi Pagoda, Sandamuni Pagoda and Kuthodaw Pagoda.
- Visiting Shwenandaw Kyaung Monastery and Atumashi Kyaungat, Mandalay
- Visiting The beautiful Shwenandaw Kyaung (Teak Monastery) in Mandalay and the adjacent Atumashi Kyaung Monastery - Myanmar.
- Visiting The Royal Palace and Moat at Mandalay - Myanmar
- Looking round the Royal Palace in Mandalay: the Palace is within a moat surrounded Citadel in the heart of the city.
- Inwa touring the old Monasteries, Temples and Pagodas
- Inwa - Le Htat Gyi Paya, Yadana Hsemee Pagoda, Bagaya Kyaung white Stupas, Maha Aung Myi Bonzan Monastery, Htilhingshin Paya.
- Visiting some Pagodas at Sagaing in Myanmar
- Wandering around Sagaing (Mandalay) - visiting The Kaunghmudaw Pagoda, The Soon U Ponya Shin Pagoda in The Sagaing Hills.
- Sightseeing the Old Royal City of Amarapura near Mandalay
- Daytrip to Amarapura (Mandalay), looking at the Mahagandhayon Monastery, walking over Taung Tha Man Lake on U Beins Bridge.
- Myanmar travel, touring and sightseeing guides and photos
- Our above Home Page shows all of our items about Myanmar covering Yangon, Inle Lake and Bagan.
Other destinations in the Far East which are reasonably easy to reach from Myanmar and for which we have travel and touring guides are Cambodia, Laos, China, Thailand and Vietnam - please see our above Home Page for these or visit our Resources Page